Configure FortiSwitch on FortiManager using its serial number and deploy FortiSwitch devices across the network using zero touch deployment. After configuring FortiSwitch on FortiManager, you can deploy remote FortiSwitch devices by just plugging them into remote FortiGate devices.
- FortiManager version 5.6 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with FortiSwitch.
- The FortiSwitch serial number is available.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed Switches.
- Click Create New.
The Add FortiSwitch pane is dislayed.
- Configure the following settings, and click OK:
Select the FortiGate device or VDOM from the drop-down.
Select the port where the FortiSwitch will be connected.
Specify the FortiSwitch serial number.
Specify a name.
A model FortiSwitch is created and added to the managed FortiGate.
- Click Close to close the Add FortiSwitch dialog.
- In FortiManager, configure FortiSwitch.
Because this is a model device, FortiManager saves the changes to the FortiGate database.
- Connect FortiSwitch to FortiGate.
The FortiSwitch settings are deployed to FortiSwitch. You can view the progress on the notification toolbar in FortiManager.
You can also use the Zero Touch Deployment process to deploy FortiGate devices. For more information, see Adding a model device.