To view and configure Bluetooth profiles, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM, go to AP Manager > WiFi Profiles, and select Bluetooth Profile in the tree menu (or from the tabs in version 5.6 ADOMs).
Bluetooth profiles are not available in version 5.4 ADOMs.
The following options are available in the toolbar and right-click menu:
Create a new Bluetooth profile.
Edit the selected Bluetooth profile.
Delete the selected Bluetooth profile.
Clone the selected Bluetooth profile.
Import Bluetooth profiles from a connected FortiGate (toolbar only).
- On the Bluetooth Profile pane, click Create New in the toolbar, or select it from the right-click menu. The Create New Bluetooth Profile window opens.
- Enter the following information:
Enter a name for the profile.
Optionally, enter comments.
Select the advertising types: iBeacon, Eddystone-UID, and Eddystone-URL.
The iBeacon Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) is automatically assigned, but can be manually reset (63 characters).
The major ID (1 - 65535, default = 1000).
The minor ID (1 - 65535, default = 2000).
The eddystone namespace ID (10 characters).
The eddystone instance ID (6 characters).
The eddystone URL (127 characters).
Transmit power level:
0 = -21 dBm
1 = -18 dBm
2 = -15 dBm
3 = -12 dBm
4 = -9 dBm
5 = -6 dBm
6 = -3 dBm
7 = 0 dBm
8 = 1 dBm
9 = 2 dBm
10 = 3 dBm
11 = 4 dBm
12 = 5 dBm
The beacon interval, in milliseconds (40 - 3500, default = 100).
Enable/disable Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning.
Enter the eddystone encoded URL hexadecimal string size (54 characters) in the eddystone-url-encode-hex field.
- Click OK to create the new Bluetooth profile.
- Either double-click on a profile name, select a profile and then click Edit in the toolbar, or right-click on the name then select Edit from the menu. The Edit Bluetooth Profile window opens.
- Edit the settings as required.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
- Select the profile or profiles that will be deleted from the profile list.
- Either click Delete from the toolbar, or right-click then select Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to delete the profile or profiles.
- Either select a profile and click Clone in the toolbar, or right-click a profile and select Clone. The Clone Bluetooth Profile pane opens.
- Edit the name of the profile, then edit the remaining settings as required.
- Click OK to clone the profile.
- Click Import in the toolbar. The Import dialog box opens.
- Select a FortiGate from the dropdown list. The list will include all of the devices in the current ADOM.
- Select the profile or profiles to be imported from the dropdown list.
- Click OK to import the profile or profiles.