Creating Horizon connector
With FortiManager, you can create a fabric connector for Horizon (OpenStack), and then import address names from Horizon (OpenStack) to automatically create dynamic objects that you can use in policies. When you install the policies to one or more FortiGate units, FortiGate uses the information and Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate with Horizon (OpenStack) and dynamically populate the objects with IP addresses.
When you create a fabric connector for Horizon (OpenStack), you are specifying how FortiGate can communicate with Horizon (OpenStack) through Fortinet SDN Connector. As a result, you are configuring communication and authentication information for Fortinet SDN Connector.
If ADOMs are enabled, you can create multiple fabric connectors per ADOM; however, each fabric connector requires a unique IP address.
FortiManager version 6.0 ADOM or later.
The method described in this topic for creating fabric connectors requires version 6.0 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with Horizon (OpenStack).
To create a fabric connector object for Horizon (OpenStack):
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric Connectors.
- Click Create New. The Create New Fabric Connector wizard is displayed.
- Under SDN, select Horizon, and click Next. The Horizon (OpenStack) screen is displayed.
- Configure the following options, and then click OK:
Type a name for the fabric connector object.
Displays OpenStack (Horizon).
Type the Domain for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Type the IP address for the SDN Connector.
Type the user name for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Type the password for Fortinet SDN Connector.
Update Interval (s)
Specify the update interval for the Fortinet SDN Connector.
Select one of the following options:
- Click Use Default to use the default interval.
- Click Specify and specify the interval.
Toggle On to enable the fabric connector object. Toggle OFF to disable the fabric connector object.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors. Select the connector and click Import.
- The Horizon (OpenStack) connector is imported. Click Close to close the import dialog.
- Create a Policy Package and install it to a FortiGate device. The Horizon (OpenStack) connector object is synced with the FortiGate device.