You can enable central management by using the operating system for supported units. For example, in FortiOS, you can enable central management for the FortiGate unit by adding the IP address of the FortiManager unit. When central management is enabled, the device is displayed on the FortiManager GUI in the root ADOM on the Device Manager pane in the Unauthorized Devices list.
In FortiManager, you must authorize devices before you can use FortiManager to manage them. FortiManager cannot manage unauthorized devices.
When ADOMs are enabled, you can assign the device to an ADOM. When authorizing multiple devices at one time, they are all added to the same ADOM.
- In the root ADOM, go to Device Manager > Device & Groups and click the Unauthorized Devices tree menu. The content pane displays the unauthorized devices.
- If necessary, select the Display Hidden Devices check box to display hidden unauthorized devices.
- Select the unauthorized device or devices, then click Authorize. The Authorize Device dialog box opens.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM in the Add the following device(s) to ADOM list. If ADOMs are disabled, select root.
- Click OK to authorize the device or devices.
The device or devices are authorized and FortiManager can start managing the device or devices.