You use the AP Manager pane to assign profiles to FortiAP devices, and you use the Device Manager pane to install profiles to FortiAP devices when you install a configuration to the FortiGate that controls the FortiAP device.
For more information about creating and managing AP profiles, see AP profiles.
- In the tree menu, select the group or FortiGate that contains the FortiAP device the profile will be applied to.
- Locate the FortiAP device in the list in the content pane, or refine the list by selecting an option from the quick status bar.
- Either select the FortiAP and click Assigned Profile from the toolbar, or right-click on the FortiAP and select Assigned Profile. The Assign AP Profile window opens.
- Select a FortiAP profile from the dropdown list, then click OK to assign the profile.
- Go to the Device Manager pane.
- Select the FortiGate device that controls the FortiAP device
- Right click and select Install Config, or select Install > Install Config from the toolbar.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box to install the configuration to the device. See Configuring a device for more information.