FortiGate chassis devices
Select FortiManager systems can work with the Shelf Manager to manage FortiGate 5050, 5060, 5140, and 5140B chassis. The Shelf Manager runs on the Shelf Management Mezzanine hardware platform included with the FortiGate 5050, 5060, 5140, and 5140B chassis. You can install up to five FortiGate 5000 series blades in the five slots of the FortiGate 5050 ATCA chassis and up to 14 FortiGate 5000 series blades in the 14 slots of the FortiGate 5140 ATCA chassis. For more information on FortiGate 5000 series including Chassis and Shelf manager, see the Fortinet Document Library.
You need to enable chassis management before you can work with the Shelf Manager through the FortiManager system.
To enable chassis management:
- Go to System Settings > Advanced > Advanced Settings. See Advanced Settings for more information.
- Under Advanced Settings, select Chassis Management.
- Set the Chassis Update Interval, from 4 to 1440 minutes.
- Click Apply.
To add a chassis:
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups,
- Right-click in the tree menu and select Chassis > Add. The Create Chassis window opens.
- Complete the following fields, then click OK:
Type a unique name for the chassis.
Optionally, type any comments or notes about this chassis.
Select the chassis type: Chassis 5050, 5060, 5140 or 5140B.
Type the IP address of the Shelf Manager running on the chassis.
Select Anonymous, MD5, or Password from the dropdown list.
Type the administrator user name.
Type the administrator password.
Chassis Slot Assignment
You cannot assign FortiGate-5000 series blades to the slot until after the chassis has been added.
To edit a chassis and assign FortiGate 5000 series blade to the slots:
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- Right-click the chassis, and select Edit.
- Modify the fields, except Chassis Type.
- For Chassis Slot Assignment, from the dropdown list of a slot, select a FortiGate 5000 series blade to assign it to the slot. You can select a FortiGate, FortiCarrier, or FortiSwitch unit.
You can only assign FortiSwitch units to slot 1 and 2.
- Click OK.