View system dashboard for managed/logging devices
You can view information about individual devices in the Device Manager pane on the dashboard for each device. This section describes the dashboard for a FortiGate unit.
To view the dashboard for managed/logging devices:
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- In the tree menu, select the device group, for example, Managed Devices. The list of devices display in the content pane and in the bottom tree menu.
When the FortiAnalyzer feature set is enabled, the All FortiGates device group is replaced with Managed Devices and Logging Devices. Managed devices include FortiGate devices, which are managed by FortiManager, but do not send logs. Logging device include FortiGate devices, which are not managed, but do send logs to FortiManager.
- In the bottom tree menu, select a device. The System: Dashboard for the device displays in the content pane.
- In the dashboard toolbar, click the tabs to display different options that you can configure for the device. See Dashboard toolbar.
- You can control what tabs are displayed by clicking Display Options. See Display Options.
The dashboard toolbar displays tabs that you can use to configure the device. The available tabs depends on the device. You can choose what tabs to display by clicking display options.
The options available on the dashboard toolbar varies depending on what feature set the device supports. If a feature is not enabled on the device the corresponding tab is not available on the toolbar.
You can customize panels at both the ADOM and device levels. Select Tools > Global Display Options to open the Display Options dialog box to customize the available content at the ADOM level. Alternatively, you can select a device, and then select Display Options to customize device tabs. You can select to inherit from ADOM or customize.
The options available when customizing device tabs at the ADOM level will vary based on the ADOM version.
To select all of the content panels in a particular category, select the checkbox beside the category name. To reset a category selection, clear the checkbox.
To select all of the content panels, select Check All at the bottom of the window. To reset all of the selected panels, select Reset to Default at the bottom of the window.
The available device tabs are dependent on the device model and settings configured for that model. The following tables provide an overview and descriptions of common dashboard toolbar panels, and content options.