Color code an object
Objects can be color coded for easy identification.
For objects other than the Dynamic Interface and Zone, the color coding option is available in Advanced Options.
To color code an object:
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations .
- Select the object type that you will be creating. For example, view the interface by going to Zone/Interface > Interface.
The interface list is displayed in the content pane. The available interfaces are selectable on the content pane toolbar.
- From the Create New menu, select the type of interface. In this example, Zone was selected. The Create New Zone pane opens.
- Select or specify the values for the following fields:
- Name - specify a name for the object.
- Description - enter a brief description.
- Color - select a color for this object from the drop-down.
- Default Mapping - select the check box to configure the default mapping for this object. See Map a dynamic ADOM object
- Per-Device Mapping - switch the slider to ON for mapping this interface to a FortiGate device. See Interface mapping
If a color code is not selected while creating an object, black is assigned as the default color. The color coding for Dynamic Interface and Zone cannot be installed to the FortiGate devices and can only be viewed in FortiManager. The color coding for other objects can be installed to FortiGate devices.