Assigning templates to FortiSwitch devices
When central management is enabled for FortiSwitch Manager, you can assign templates to switches. For more information about creating and managing FortiSwitch templates, see FortiSwitch Templates.
To assign a templates:
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed Switches.
- In the tree menu, select a FortiGate to list its managed switches, or select All_FortiGate to list all switches.
The list of managed FortiSwitch units is displayed in the content pane.
- Use the quick status bar to filter the list of switches in the content pane and help locate the switch.
- Select the switch, and click Assign Template from the toolbar.
- Select a FortiSwitch template from the dropdown list, then click OK to assign it.
- Install the changes. See Installing changes to managed switches.
Only templates that apply to the specific device model will be available for selection.
Templates can also be applied when editing a device. See Editing switches.