Multicasting consists of using a single source to send data to many receivers simultaneously, while conserving bandwidth and reducing network traffic.
On the Policy & Objects pane, from the Tools menu, select Display Options, and then select the Mulitcast Policy checkbox to display this option.
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu for the policy package, click Multicast Policy.
- Click Create New, or, from the Create New menu, select Insert Above or Insert Below. By default, policies will be added to the bottom of the list. The Create New Policy pane opens.
- Configure the following settings, then click OK to create the policy:
Click in the field and select incoming interfaces from the multicast interface list on the Object Selector frame, or drag and drop the interface from the object pane.
If no multicast interfaces are configured, click the Create New Object button to open the Create New Dynamic Multicast Interface window, and then create a new multicast interface.
Click in the field and select outgoing interfaces from the multicast interface list.
If no multicast interfaces are configured, one must be created.
Click the field and select the source firewall addresses.
Enable source NAT.
Source NAT Address
Enter the source NAT IP address.
Click the field and select the destination firewall addresses.
Enter the destination NAT IP address.
Select a protocol option from the dropdown list: ANY, ICMP, IGMP, TCP, UDP, OSFP, or Others.
Set the port range. This option is only available when Protocol Option is TCP or UDP.
Enter the protocol number, from 1 to 256. This option is only available when Protocol Option is Others.
Select to log traffic.
Enable or disable auto-asic-offload (default = enable).