Connecting to the FortiManager console
To connect to the FortiManager console, you need:
- a computer with an available communications port
- a console cable, provided with your FortiManager unit, to connect the FortiManager console port and a communications port on your computer
- terminal emulation software, such as HyperTerminal for Windows.
The following procedure describes how to connect to the FortiManager CLI using Windows HyperTerminal software. You can use any terminal emulation program.
To connect to the CLI:
- Connect the FortiManager console port to the available communications port on your computer.
- Make sure that the FortiManager unit is powered on.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer, select the COM port, and use the following settings:
Enterto connect to the FortiManager CLI.
- In the log in prompt, enter the username and password.
The default log in is username:
admin, and no password.
You have connected to the FortiManager CLI, and you can enter CLI commands.