You can configure FortiSOAR devices to use the FortiGuard module in FortiManager for license checks by configuring FortiManager as the override FortiGuard server.
When FortiSOAR is configured to use FortiManager as the override FortiGuard server, the unit is displayed in FortiManager on the Device Manager pane in the unauthorized devices list. You can authorize the FortiSOAR device to a fabric ADOM, and FortiSOAR can communicate with the FortiGuard module for license updates.
- On each FortiSOAR device, add the FortiManager IP and configured port as the FortiGuard override server.
The devices are displayed as unauthorized devices in FortiManager.
- In the root ADOM, go to Device Manager > Device & Groups and click the Unauthorized Devices tree menu. The content pane displays the unauthorized FortiSOAR devices.
- If necessary, select the Display Hidden Devices check box to display hidden unauthorized devices.
- Select the unauthorized device or devices, then click Authorize. The Authorize Device dialog box opens.
- In the Add the following device(s) to ADOM list, select a fabric ADOM, and click OK.
The device or devices are added to the fabric ADOM and authorized to communicate with FortiGuard.
If FortiSOAR is operating with FortiManager in a closed network without internet access, which is sometimes called an air-gapped network, you must request a license file from Fortinet support, and upload the file to FortiGuard. See Requesting account entitlement files and Uploading account entitlement files.