When creating a device zone, map the zone to a physical interface. You must also map the zone to a normalized interface to use the zone in a policy. See also Normalized interfaces.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- In the tree menu, select the device group, for example, Managed Devices. The list of devices is displayed in the content pane and in the bottom tree menu.
- In the bottom tree menu, select a device. The dashboard for the device displays in the content pane.
- From the System menu, select Interface. The System: Interface dashboard is displayed.
- Click Create New > Device Zone.
The New Device Zone pane opens.
- Complete the options, and click OK.
The interface members are physical interfaces.
- Create a normalized interface for the zone. See Creating normalized interfaces.