When FortiManager is operating in a closed network, you can request account entitlement files from Fortinet Customer Service & Support for devices, and then upload the files to the FortiGuard module. This allows devices in the closed network to check licenses.
You can request an entitlement file from Fortinet Customer Service & Support by creating a support ticket.
For example, you can request an account entitlement file for FortiSOAR units, and then upload the license file to the FortiGuard panel. See Uploading account entitlement files.
- Log in to the Fortinet Customer Service & Support site (https://support.fortinet.com/).
- Go to Assistance > Create a Ticket.
The Ticket Wizard is displayed, starting at the 1 Request Type page.
- In the Specify Request Ticket Type list, expand Customer Service, and click Submit a Ticket.
The wizard moves to the 2 Basic Info page, where you can specify ticket information.
- On the Specify Ticket Information page, complete the following options, and click Next.
- In the Serial Number box, add the serial number for the device for which you want an entitlement file.
- In the Subject box, type Entitlement file.
- In the Category list, select CS Contract/License.
The wizard moves to the 3 Comment page, where you can add a comment.
- In the Add Comment box, request the entitlement file, and click Next.
The request is complete.
- Monitor your email to receive the entitlement file, and download it to your computer.