When creating a device zone, map the zone to a physical interface. You must also map the zone to a normalized interface to use the zone in a policy. See also Normalized interfaces.
You can create normalized interface zones to be used when configuring device zones. See Creating normalized interfaces.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- In the tree menu, select the device group, for example, Managed Devices. The list of devices is displayed in the content pane and in the bottom tree menu.
- In the bottom tree menu, select a device. The dashboard for the device displays in the content pane.
- From the System menu, select Interface. The System: Interface dashboard is displayed.
- Click Create New > Device Zone.
The New Device Zone pane opens.
- When zone-only normalized interfaces are enabled in the CLI, and a normalized interface zone has been configured for this ADOM, you can select it in the Normalized Interface dropdown. When a Normalized Interface is selected, the Zone Name is automatically filled to match the selected normalized interface zone, otherwise, it can be manually filled. For more information on creating normalized interface zones, see Creating normalized interfaces.
- Complete the remaining options, and click OK.
The interface members are physical interfaces.