In the Device Manager pane, when you select a device, you can view that device’s basic information under the device dashboard. You can also check if the current configuration file of the device stored in the FortiManager repository is in sync with the one running on the device.
If you make any configuration changes to a device directly, rather than using the FortiManager system, the configuration on the device and the configuration saved in the FortiManager repository will be out of sync. In this case, you can re synchronize with the device by retrieving the configuration from the device and saving it to the FortiManager repository.
You can use the following procedures when checking device configuration status on a FortiGate, FortiCarrier, or FortiSwitch.
- Go to the device database. See Displaying the device database.
- In the device database, go to Dashboard > Summary.
- Locate the Configuration and Installation widget.
The Configuration and Installation Status widget shows the following information:
Displays the synchronization status of the configuration with FortiManager.
- Synchronized: The latest revision is confirmed as running on the device.
- Out_of_sync: The configuration file on the device is not synchronized with the FortiManager system.
- Unknown: The FortiManager system is unable to detect which revision (in revision history) is currently running on the device. For example, when you retrieve a policy package after upgrading FortiOS, the policy package status changes to Unknown.
Click Refresh to update the synchronization status.
Displays the name of the selected system template. Click Change to change the system template.
Displays the total number of configuration revisions and the revision history.
Click Revision History to view device history. For details, see Viewing configuration revision history.
Click Revision Diff to compare revisions. For details, see Comparing different configuration files.
Displays the last installation’s date, time, revision number, and the person who did the installation.
Device Configuration DB
Click View Full Config to display the database configuration file of the FortiGate unit.
Click View Diff to display the Device Revision Diff dialog box.