The host name of the FortiManager unit is used in several places.
- It appears in the System Information widget on the dashboard.
- It is used in the command prompt of the CLI.
- It is used as the SNMP system name.
The System Information widget and the
get system status CLI command will display the full host name. However, if the host name is longer than 16 characters, the CLI and other places display the host name in a truncated form ending with a tilde ( ~ ) to indicate that additional characters exist, but are not displayed. For example, if the host name is FortiManager1234567890, the CLI prompt would be
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- In the System Information widget, click the edit host name button next to the Host Name field.
- In the Host Name box, type a new host name.
The host name may be up to 35 characters in length. It may include US-ASCII letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. Spaces and special characters are not allowed.
- Click the checkmark to change the host name.