As a restricted administrator, you can view and create IPS signatures by going to Intrusion Prevention > IP Signatures in the FortiManager tree menu.
Configured IPS signatures can be added to an IPS profile and installed to devices.
- Log on as a restricted administrator.
- Go to Intrusion Prevention > IPS Signatures.
- Click Create New. The Create New Custom Signature screen appears.
- Specify the values for the following and click OK.
- Name - specify a name for the custom signature.
- Signature - add a custom signature.
- Status - toggle the status to ON.
For additional information on managing IPS signatures and viewing signature details, see IPS Signatures in Policy & Objects.