Configuring Joystick Controls
FortiCentral supports PTZ camera joystick control. While FortiCentral supports most joysticks, professional surveillance grade joysticks are recommended for more precise control.
To configure joystick control
- Select the Settings button.
- Select the Joysticks section.
The supported joystick should automatically calibrate once plugged in and appear in the left box of the joystick section.
- If not already assigned, assign each number a different mapping control option (pan, tilt, and zoom).
- Depending on personal preferences, you can invert the direction of movement. For example, when you push the joystick forward, the camera tilts up; if inverted, the camera will tilt down.
- Selecting Bias will help you adjust the movement sensitivity along a specific axis. Using the linear setting, the camera’s movement speed matches how hard you push the joystick lever. Ease in or Ease out sets how the camera accelerates and decelerates during movement.
- Map the specific buttons you wish to use on the joystick.