FortiCentral supports media management, which allows users to upload and display pictures, video clips, and web pages in the video panes.
This is useful to enrich the information available to the operator or public on the FortiCentral screen. For an operator it is useful to have quick access to:
- Location map
- Telephone directory
- Emergency procedure
This function can also be used as information bulletin board like a digital signage solution, displaying:
- Today’s activity
- Weather condition/Snow report
- What’s on sale
- Small presentation
Media Elements can be loaded from local storage or via URLs. In case of web page display, the content is refreshed every time it is switched to a pane. This allows regular refresh of web content if the media element is used in a sequencer.
To add any media to a pane
- Select the Settings button.
- Select the Media tab.
- Enter a name for the media.
- Select the source of the media. You can either upload media from your hard drive or enter a URL to add a web page or a media file from a web page.
- Select New and then OK.
- Open the Media Library tab from the Resource Column.
- Select and drag the media from the Media Library to a pane.