Configuring Connection Settings
The Connection setting configures the connection to each device (FortiGate/ FortiMail / FortiVoice or FortiAnalyzer) for which one or more FortiViews are generated.
To configure connection settings
- Go to Application Settings > Connections.
- Enter a descriptive name for the connection.
- Enter the IP address or FQDN of the FortiGate/FortiMail/FortiVoice/FortiAnalyzer in the Host section.
- Enter the Port used for the Host address to access devices REST API or GUI. The default is 443.
- Enter an ID. If you have multiple connections, use a different name and ID to distinguish between connections. If FortiViews are transferred (dropped) from a local workstation to e.g. a monitor wall the ID numbers of the Connections on the local and remote machine have to match to the same device. All machines in an installation should use the same connection ID for the same device (FortiGate/ FortiMail / FortiVoice or FortiAnalyzer).
- Enter a login user name and then enter a password. Connection does not support blank passwords.