Configuring Privacy AI Filter
There may be certain situations which require the concealment of an individual’s identity when displaying their activity in a recorded view. The privacy filter detects faces and licenses and blurs them.
To configure the privacy filter
- Select the Settings button in the camera’s pane window.
- Select Analytics.
- Select Privacy Filter from the Algorithm dropdown menu.
- Adjust the Blur Amount slider. The further the bar is to the right, the stronger the applied blur.
- Enable the objects you wish the filter to be applied to. If you blur license plates you will still see the car and if you select faces you will still see their activity. Moving objects covers everything moving on camera.
- Adjust the Motion Detection Settings sliders as desired:
- Foreground Sensitivity adjusts how easily a change in parts of the image is detected.
- Background History adjusts how long it takes for an object that was once moving to be considered part of the background once it stops moving.
- Noise Filter adjusts how strong scattered and temporary detections are filtered out.
- Min Object Size allows excluding small noise sources.
- Select the Area from the dropdown menu. Areas are polygons that define parts of the image as either permanently blurred or permanently clear.
- Select OK.
Privacy processing also applies to live and playback video.
To force privacy masking on all video panes
- Select the Settings button and select Settings.
- Go to Analytics and enable Force privacy on all Videos.