FortiCentral supports custom configuration paths using the “-userpath” parameter. This can be used to allow multiple users to run on a single machine using Remote Desktop or Citrix. If no directory is specified, the local AppData folder will be used. You can also create a USB portable instance by running with “-userpath %cd%\config”. Note that each instance must have its own unique configuration path.
To create a second FortiCentral instance, you must run Central with the "-userpath" parameter followed by a directory path that contains the configuration for this instance. Renaming the Central shortcuts can help to distinguish each instance.
- It is safe to copy the whole configuration from one instance to another; however, it is recommended you delete the old configuration after copying to avoid leaving lingering bits that may cause unpredictable behavior.
- If no “–userpath” is used and no directory is supplied, it will use a Windows user specific path.
- If multiple instances that refer to the same “–userpath” try to run at the same time, the newer instance will close the older instance.
- If an instance is run with no “–userpath”, it will attempt to close all other instances.
- Multiple instances on a single machine will compete for resources and result in lower performance for each user.