Using the Vision Query Manager
The vision query manager is the primary facial detection interface. To access the interface, select the Settings gear in the pane section and then select “Search Computer Vision Data”.
The interface is divided into two sides. On the left are the known individuals and on the right is the search function and results.
To check to see if an individual recently caught on camera has been seen before
- Select the settings gear from the pane.
- Select “Open Computer Vision Query”.
- Select “Search” without enabling Face recognition. Enter the specific dates you know the individual was caught on camera in the “From” and “To” fields. To narrow your search even further, select the specific camera from the Camera dropdown menu.
- Select the subject of interest, enable Face recognition and attempt to search again. The results are sorted according to similarity with the selected person of interest.
- Drag a specific facial capture from the query pane to the video pane to play the video from the moment of detection.
If an individual frequently visits your location you will likely want to enter that individual into your database for easier recognition and surveillance.
To enter an individual into the database
- Select New from the People section of the Computer Vision Query interface.
- Select Browse to select a picture on your computer or the camera icon to select a particular picture from a selected video device source.
- Enter their identification information and select their relation to your building from the Class dropdown menu.
- Select OK.
Alternatively, you can enter an individual into the facial database by selecting the individual from the search query section and entering their information. Additionally, you can select the individual and each track they appear in and select the Assign button to provide the facial database with more images to improve the identification process.