Managing Remote Control
FortiCentral supports remote control management. Through remote control management, you can control the viewed cameras of a shared NVR in FortiCentral on a remote system. For example, you could use remote control management to collaborate surveillance among various security operators so that each operator could monitor the same camera.
To configure remote control management on the remote client
- Select the Settings button and go to General.
- Enter a unique number between 1 and 65000 in the ID field and the name you want to show in the remote client list in the Name field.
- Enable Accept Remote Commands.
To configure remote control management on the local client
- Select the Settings button and go to Users.
- Enable May Control Other Clients.
You can restrict who has control over the remote clients by changing the User Type. For example, you could select Admin to make sure only administrators can remotely control the viewing options of another system.
Remote Clients should now appear in the Device Panel.
To display cameras on a remote monitor
- Drag the remote client from the Remote Client section to a local pane.
- Drag your desired camera from the Device Panel to a local pane.
Organizing a remote client
You can store views of a remote client desktop by using the Save Remote View option in the individual pane settings menu. Make sure to include “Remote” in your view description to help distinguish between local and remote views. Additionally, you can control the windows and layout on the remote client by dropping a layout icon from the toolbar on the remote window.
You can also open a new window on the remote client by selecting the settings button in a pane and selecting Open Remote Window.