This procedure requires rebooting the FortiSandbox unit.
You can reset the admin password if you have physical access to the device and the following tools:
- Console cable.
- Terminal software such as Putty.exe (Microsoft Windows) or Terminal (Mac OS X).
- Serial number of the FortiSandbox device.
To reset the FortiSandbox password:
- Connect the computer to the FortiSandbox via the console port on the back of the unit.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer.
- Select the COM port and use the following settings:
Opento connect to the FortiSandbox CLI.
- FortiSandbox responds with its name or hostname. If it does not, press Enter.
- Reboot the FortiSandbox using the power button.
- Wait for the FortiSandbox name and login prompt to appear.
- Type the username: maintainer.
- The password is bcpb + the serial number of the firmware. The letters of the serial number are in uppercase, for example, bcpbFSA3KD3R13000024.
On the FSA-3000D, after the device boots, you have ten minutes to type in the username and password. You can put the credentials in a text editor and then copy and paste them into the login screen. There is no indicator of when your time runs out and it might take more than one attempt.
You are now connected to the FortiSandbox.
- To change the admin password, enter the following CLI command:
- Log into the FortiSandbox using admin and the password you set in the previous step.
You can disable this maintainer user using the