Before any firmware update, complete the following:
- Download the FortiSandbox firmware image and Release Notes document from the Fortinet Customer Service & Support portal. Review the Release Notes, including the special notices, upgrade information, product integration and support, and resolved and known issues.
- Backup your configuration file. It is highly recommended that you create a system backup file and save it to your management computer. You can also schedule to back up system configurations to a remote server.
- Plan a maintenance window to complete the firmware update. If possible, you may want to setup a test environment to ensure that the update does not negatively impact your network.
- Once the update is complete, test your FortiSandbox device to ensure that the update was successful.
Firmware best practice: Stay current on patch releases for your current major release. Only update to a new major release or version when you are looking for specific functionality in the new major release or version. For more information, see the FortiSandbox Release Notes or contact Technical Support.
- Go to Dashboard > System Information widget > Firmware Version.
- Click [Update].
- Select Choose File, locate the firmware image on your management computer.
- Click Submit to start the upgrade.