You can create an interface that only allows API access through HTTPS port.
Before you create the API interface, be aware that you cannot:
- Set or unset API port with the GUI (CLI only)
- Login to to the API port with the GUI (access will be denied)
- View the api-port in Sniffer settings
- Access the API port through HTTP
- Set the api-port interface as an admin port or HA port
- Set admin-port, port3, sniffer port, or HA port as an api-port
IPv4 Default Gateway: 10.59.4.1 Administration interface(s): port1 bond1 API interface(s): port2
set api-port port2
unset api-port port2
- Go to System > Interfaces.
- In the Interface column, the port is appended with API port.