Custom VM modification is supported on the appliance-based and private cloud. It is not supported on cloud deployments such as FortiSandbox on AWS and Azure and FortiSandbox Cloud. Admins must have "Read Write" privileges to modify a custom VM.
- Go to Scan Policy and Object > VM Settings.
- Under Customized VMs, ensure the Clone # is zero.
- Click the Customize VM icon .
- Configure the VM settings that will be used for the VNC session only. FortiSandbox uses pre-defined VM resources for the Dynamic Scan.
- Click Start. The system starts an instance of the VM type. This may take some time to complete.
- Click Mount an ISO to install the software. Only ISO format is supported.
The mounted ISO will be connected as CD drive. Alternatively, you can transfer files via file sharing site over the Internet. YOu should only visit a trusted site to avoid any unexpected changes on your VM.
- Click Power Cycle to restart the instance.
- To save your modifications, shutdown first the custom VM instance via VNC.
- Click the Save icon to save all changes.
- Click the Save As icon to save changes and then assign the current instance under a new name.
- (Optional) Return to VM Settings and click the Download icon to download the VDI of all un-used custom VM(s).