Starting in FortiOS 6.4.2 with FortiSwitchOS 6.4.2, you can check your FortiSwitch network and get recommendations on how to optimize it. If you agree with the configuration recommendations, you can accept them, and they are automatically applied.
In FortiOS 7.0.0 with FortiSwitchOS 7.0.0, three new tests have been added to the FortiSwitch recommendations to help optimize your network:
- Check if the quarantine bounce port option is enabled.
- Check if the PoE status of the switch controller auto-config default policy is enabled.
- Check if PoE pre-standard detection for all user ports is enabled.
NOTE: The Security Rating feature is available only when VDOMs are disabled.
- Go to Security Fabric > Security Rating.
- Select Run Now (under Report Details in the right pane) to generate the Security Rating report.
- Select the Optimization section.
- Under Failed, select + next to each item to see more details in the right pane.
- If you agree with a suggestion in the Recommendations section, select Apply for the change to be made.