This document provides the following information for FortiSwitchOS 7.0.1 devices managed by FortiOS 7.0.1 build 0157.
Refer to the FortiLink Compatibility table to find which FortiSwitchOS versions support which FortiOS versions.
See the Fortinet Document Library for Managed FortiSwitch documentation.
NOTE: FortiLink is not supported in transparent mode.
The maximum number of supported FortiSwitch units depends on the FortiGate model:
|FortiGate Model Range||Number of FortiSwitch Units Supported|
|FortiGate 40F, 91E, FortiGate-VM01||8|
|FortiGate 60F, 6xE, 80F, 8xE, 90E||16|
|FortiGate 100D, FortiGate-VM02||24|
|FortiGate 100E, 100EF, 100F, 101E, 140E, 140E-POE||32|
|FortiGate 200E, 201E||64|
|FortiGate 300D to 500D||48|
|FortiGate 300E to 500E||72|
|FortiGate 600D to 900D and FortiGate-VM04||64|
|FortiGate 600E to 900E||96|
|FortiGate 1000D to 15xxD||128|
|FortiGate 1100E to 25xxE||196|
|FortiGate-3xxx and up and FortiGate-VM08 and up||300|
|New models (NPI releases) might not support FortiLink. Contact Customer Service & Support to check support for FortiLink.|
The following list contains new managed FortiSwitch features added in FortiOS 7.0.1.
- You can now use LAN segments when configuring FortiSwitch NAC settings to prevent hosts from having to renew IP addresses when moving to another VLAN.
- Use the new
diagnose switch-controller switch-info port-properties [<FortiSwitch_serial_number>] [<port_name>]command to check the port properties of managed FortiSwitch units.
- You can now configure in FortiOS which DHCP servers that DHCP snooping includes in the server access list. These servers on the list are allowed to respond to DHCP requests.
- You can now change the order in which FortiSwitch units are displayed in the Topology view.
- You can now configure a dynamic firewall address for devices and use it in a NAC policy. When a device matches the NAC policy, the MAC address for that device is automatically assigned to the dynamic firewall address, which can be used in firewall policies to control traffic from/to these devices.
- Three SNMP OIDs have been added to the FortiOS enterprise MIB 2 tables in FortiOS 7.0.1. They report the FortiSwitch port status and FortiSwitch CPU and memory statistics.