Follow the instructions provided in "Restoring firmware (“clean install”)" in FortiWeb Administration Guide.
For Step 11, type
F to format the boot device (flash drive), and then enter
Y to confirm your selection.
After a few minutes, the reformatting process is complete. Continue with the instructions for retrieving the firmware image from the TFTP server.
During the system boot, Fortinet highly recommends that you verify the disk integrity. To perform this task, when the prompt
Press [enter] key for disk integrity verification is displayed, press Enter.
After the firmware restore is complete, use the
get system status CLI command to verify the system version. For additional information on using the CLI, see the FortiWeb CLI Reference:
- If upgrade failed via GUI, check F12 to see which API causes the error;
- If it’s GUI timeout (request timeout), it should be a frontend issue;
- If it’s API timeout, it might be a backend system problem.
- Check if uploading files to /var/log/gui_upload can be successful;
- Check if upgrade via CLI can be successful;
- Check if upgrade via a fast-speed link can be successful, especially when GUI warns timeout;
Check if hard disk space is enough for uploading image:
- GUI upgrade: image will be uploaded to /var/log/cgi_upfile
- CLI upgrade: image will be uploaded to /tmp