Registering and downloading licenses
Licenses for the BYOL licensing model can be obtained through any Fortinet partner. If you don't have a partner, contact email@example.com for assistance in purchasing a license.
After you purchase a license or obtain an evaluation license, you will receive a PDF with an activation code.
- Go to Customer Service & Support and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
- Go to Asset > Register/Renew to start the registration process.
- In the Specify Registration Code field, enter your license activation code, then select Next to continue registering the product.
- Enter your details in the other fields as required.
- At the end of the registration process, download the license (.lic) file to your computer. You will upload this license later to activate the FortiAnalyzer-VM.
After registering a license, Fortinet servers may take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license (.lic) file to activate the FortiAnalyzer-VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.