Fortinet FortiAnalyzer securely aggregates log data from Fortinet devices (both physical and virtual) and other syslog-compatible devices. Using a comprehensive suite of easily-customized reports, users can filter and review records, including traffic, event, virus, attack, web content, and email data, mining the data to determine your security stance and assure regulatory compliance. FortiAnalyzer is one of several versatile Fortinet management products that provide a diversity of deployment types, growth flexibility, advanced customization through APIs and simple licensing.
Highlights of FortiAnalyzer for AWS include the following:
- Pre-defined and customized charts help monitor, maintain, and identify attack patterns, acceptable use policies, and demonstrate policy compliance
- Scalable architecture allows the device to run in collector or analyzer modes for optimized log processing
- Advanced features such as event correlation, forensic analysis, and vulnerability assessment provide essential tools for in-depth protection of complex networks
Bring Your Own License (BYOL) is annual perpetual licensing as opposed to On-Demand, which is an hourly subscription. The BYOL license is available from resellers or your distributors.
This guide describes how to deploy FortiAnalyzer VM for AWS in one of two ways:
• Deploying FortiAnalyzer-VM using 1-Click Launch
• Deploying FortiAnalyzer-VM using manual launch (for those who require custom configuration)
Note 1-Click Launch creates the minimum size of EBS storage for quick setup and viewing. For production purposes, you will need more storage later. To have more storage initially, use manual launch. You can also manually add storage after the launch as described in Adding Additional Storage (Optional).
FortiAnalyzer-VMs can be deployed on the AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). Prior to deploying the VM, an Amazon EC2 account is required. You can deploy the FortiAnalyzer-VM using the AWS Marketplace launch or directly from the EC2 console.