Launching the instance with shared FortiGate AMI
- In the Services-EC2 dashboard, select Instance, then Launch Instance.
- Select Community AMIs. Search for ami-272ffd4a. Click Select.
- Select an instance type, then select Next: Configure Instance Details.
- In the Network field, select the VPC you created.
- In the Subnet field, select the public subnet.
- In the Network interfaces section, you see the entry for eth0 that was created for the public subnet. Select Add Device to add another network interface (in this example, eth1), and select the private subnet.
- When you have two network interfaces, a global IP address is not assigned automatically. You must manually assign a global IP address later. Select Review and Launch, then select Launch.
- Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair. Select the acknowledgment checkbox. Select Launch Instances.
- To easily identify the instance, set a name for it in the Name field.
- In the Network & Security menu, select Elastic IPs, then select a global IP address that is available for you to use. Select Actions > Associate Address. If you do not have a global IP address available to use, create one.
- In the Resource type section, select Network Interface.
- In the Network interface field, select the Interface ID of the network interface that you created for the public subnet (in this example, eth0). In the Private IP field, select the IP address that belongs to the public subnet. To find these values, go to the EC2 Management Console, select Instances, and select the interface in the Network interfaces section in the lower pane of the page (Interface ID and Private IP Address fields). Select Associate. A message is displayed indicating the address association was successful.
If the Internet gateway is not associated with a VPC, the elastic IP assignment fails.