Deploying the FortiGate-VM
This example refers to this FortiGate-VM instance as FortiGate 1.
- Go to Services > EC2 and select Key Pairs. Select Create Key Pair, fill in the key pair name, and select Create. This saves the key pair to your system. Remember where this file is, as you use it later on.
- Go to EC2 Dashboard and select Launch Instance.
- Configure the instance:
- Select AWS Marketplace and search for Fortinet. Locate and select Fortigate-VM (BYOL).
- Select General purpose m3.medium as the instance type and select Next: Configure instance Details.
- Set Network to Fortinet-VPC and Subnet to the public subnet.
- Under Network Interface, set eth0 to the public subnet and eth1 to Fortinet-VPC.
- Select Next: Add Storage.
- Review your storage options. This storage is used for logging. If you want more storage for logging, change the size from 10 to the desired value. Select Next: Tag Instance.
- Enter a Name tag and select Configure Security Group.
- Enable Select an existing security group and select the Allow everything security group. This allows the FortiGate-VM security features to be used, rather than the basic protection from Amazon.
- Select Review and Launch. A review page displays with your configuration.
- Review the settings and, if the configuration is correct, select Launch.
- Select the Fortinet-AWS-Keypair that you previously created.
- Review the information, then select Launch Instance to deploy the FortiGate-VM.