Deploying the Windows Server
- Connect to AWS and go to Network Interfaces. Right-click the private network interface, select Change Source/Dest Check, and select Disable. AWS now lets packets pass through instead of filtering them.
- Go to EC2 instances and select Launch Instance.
- Configure, then launch the instance:
- Select t2.micro for the instance type and select Next: Configure Instance Details.
- Set Network to Fortinet-VPC, Subnet to Application Subnet 1, and Network Interfaces to eth0. Select Next: Add Storage.
- If necessary, change your storage option.
- Select Next: Tag Instance. Enter a Name tag, then select Next: Configure Security Group.
- Enable Select an existing security group and select the Allow everything group.
- Select Review and Launch.
- After you have reviewed the configuration, select the Fortinet-AWS-Keypair that you previously created.
- Review the information, then select Launch Instance to deploy the server.
- Go to EC2 instance and select the new subnet. Select Get Windows Password.
- Click Key Pair Path Browse and select the key pair file created earlier.
- Select Decrypt Password to receive the administrator password for RDP connection.
- Test the connection to your RDP server using your terminal and the following command:
C:\> mstsc /v: /admin