Deploying the CloudFormation templates
The deployment will fail:
FortiGate Autoscale for AWS with Transit Gateway integration provides two deployment options:
- Deployment with a new Transit Gateway.
- Deployment with an existing Transit Gateway.
Both options will build a new AWS environment consisting of the VPC, subnets, FortiGate-VMs, security groups, and other infrastructure components. During configuration you can specify Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) blocks, instance types, and FortiGate settings. One inbound route domain and one outbound route domain will be created for the new or existing Transit Gateway. FortiGate Autoscale for AWS will then be deployed and attached to the Transit Gateway.
To deploy the CloudFormation templates:
- Navigate to the S3 folder you uploaded files to in the previous section. In the example below, we navigate to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > transit-gateway.
- Click templates and select the entry template
- Copy the Object URL.
- Click Services, and then Management & Governance > CloudFormation.
- Confirm the region you are in and then click Create Stack.
- Paste the Object URL from step 3 into the Amazon S3 URL field as shown below.
- Click Next.