Obtaining the deployment package
The FortiGate Autoscale for AWS without Transit Gateway integration deployment package is located in the Fortinet GitHub project.
To obtain the package:
- Visit the FortiGate Autoscale GitHub project release page and download the
fortigate-autoscale-aws-cloudformation.zipfor the version you want to use.
This documentation is for the Version 2.0.x release which supports any combination of BYOL and On-Demand instances.
Documentation for Version 1.0.x (which only supports On-Demand instances) is no longer maintained and is only available as a PDF in the 1.0.x GitHub repository.
- Unzip the file on your local PC. The following files and folders will be extracted:
- Log into your AWS account.
- In the Amazon S3 service, create an S3 bucket as the root folder for your deployment. In the example below, the folder is named fortigate-autoscale.
- Inside this folder, create another folder to store the deployment resources. In the example below, this folder is named deployment-package.
- Navigate to this second folder and upload the files and folders you extracted in step 2 to this location. In the example below, we navigate to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package.
This assets folder contains configuration files that can be modified as needed to meet your network requirements. For details, refer to the Appendix > Major components >The "assets" folder in the S3 bucket.
- If you will be using BYOL instances, navigate to the assets folder, create a folder named fgt-asg-license, and upload your FortiGate license file(s) to this folder.