Uploading the license
By default, FortiWeb Manager is installed with a 15-day evaluation license that allows you to configure two (Undefined variable: FortinetVariables.FortiWeb) devices.
To continue to use the product after 15 days, or to configure additional FortiWeb devices, one of the following licenses is required. Neither license has an expiry date:
- Base – Add up to 10 devices.
- Unlimited – No limit to the number of devices you can add.
Licenses can be obtained through any Fortinet partner. If you don't have a partner, contact email@example.com for assistance in purchasing a license.
Downloading a FortiWeb Manager license
- Log in to the CLI using admin account credential and enter the following command:
get system status
- Get the computer ID in the printout. For example:
- Go to support.fortinet.com and log in.
- Click Asset > Register/Renew.
- Enter your license registration code, and then click Next.
- Enter the computer ID you generated earlier, and then click Next.
- Click Show License Key to get the license key.
- Copy this license key and paste it in a blank .txt file. Save it as a .lic file. You will upload this file later to activate the FortiWeb Manager-VM.
Uploading license to FortiWeb Manager
- Log in to the FortiWeb Manager-VM with the credential you have set when you configure the access to FortiWeb Manager. If you haven't set the credential, the default user name is “admin", and the password is the Instance ID.
- Go to System Settings > Status > Status, in License Information, click Update in the License Period row.
- In the Import License window, upload the .lic file you have saved. Click OK.
After registering a license, Fortinet servers may take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license (.lic) file to activate the FortiWeb Manager-VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.