Upgrading FortiAuthenticator firmware
The FortiAuthenticator image available on Azure Marketplace might not include the latest firmware available for FortiAuthenticator. Upgrade the firmware of your FortiAuthenticator-VM after deployment to ensure that you have the latest features, functionality, and fixes available.
Before performing an upgrade, it is recommended that you complete the following steps:
- Backup the system configuration. Full configuration backup is available from the FortiAuthenticator GUI or CLI. See the FortiAuthenticator Admin Guide.
- Have a copy of the old FortiAuthenticator-VM firmware available.
- Review the Release Notes, including the upgrade path and bug information.
- Ensure that you have the time required to complete the upgrade.
To upgrade your FortiAuthenticator-VM firmware:
- Log into the Fortinet Support site and download the latest firmware to your local computer.
- Log into the FortiAuthenticator-VM from a browser.
- Navigate to System > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Choose File, locate the firmware image on your local computer, and click Open.
- Click OK.
The firmware image uploads from your local computer to the FortiAuthenticator-VM, which will then reboot. For a short period of time during this reboot, the FortiAuthenticator-VM is offline and unavailable for authentication.