Installing the FortiGate license (BYOL only)
If you have chosen the BYOL image type, you can install the license. In a web browser, go to the dedicated management interface in port4: https://<FGTAMgmtPublicIP>.
Enter the username and password provided during instantiation. The example values were fortiadmin and MyPassword12. You cannot log in using the username "admin" and no password.
Install the obtained license in the prompt below.
Note the following information regarding licensing:
- The FortiGate-VM reboots after issuing a new license.
- You must license both FortiGate-VMs separately.
- Validating a newly registered license in FortiGuard takes about 30 minutes. Be patient.
- The FortiGate-VMs uses port1 (which was configured for traffic) to access FortiGuard to check the license validity. The primary node can access the Internet by using associated public IP addresses, while the secondary node cannot. If you are unsure of your node role, connect via SSH to port4 and run
get system status.
- You can change primary/secondary roles by changing priority values in
config system ha.
- If you end up in an unresolved state, you can troubleshoot connectivity to FortiGuard by running the following commands:
diag debug application update -1
diag debug enable