Installing and configuring FortiGate Autoscale for Azure requires knowledge of the following:
- Configuring a FortiGate using the CLI
- Azure deployment templates
- Azure Functions
- The Azure CLI
It is expected that FortiGate Autoscale for Azure will be deployed by DevOps engineers or advanced system administrators who are familiar with the above.
Before starting the deployment, the following steps must be carried out:
- Install the latest Azure CLI by following these instructions.
- Log into your Azure account. If you do not already have one, create one by following the on-screen instructions.
- Create a service principal, making note of the following items as they will be needed to deploy the Function App: