Connecting to FortiWeb Manager-VM
You can connect via two methods:
- Use an SSH connection to connect via the CLI. For details, see Connecting via the CLI.
- Use a web browser to connect via the web UI. For details, see Connecting via the web UI.
To connect to the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance, connect via the public IP address and log in to the CLI and GUI by the user name and password you have created while deploying the VM.
To Connect via the CLI:
- Start PuTTY.
- In the Category tree, expand Connection.
- Click New Session.
- For Host Name (or IP address), enter the public IP address of the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance.
- For Port, enter 22.
- For Connection type, select SSH.
- Enter the username you have created and press Enter.
- Enter the password you have set and press Enter.
Upon successfully logging in, you will see this prompt:
To connect via the web UI:
- Open a compatible web browser.
- Enter the public IP address of the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance.
- For Name, enter the username you have created.
- For Password, enter the username you have set.
Upon successfully logging in, you will see the dashboard of the web UI.