Launching FortiGate on Rackspace
You can deploy the FortiGate NGFW for Rackspace as a virtual appliance in the Rackspace cloud. This section shows you how to install and configure a single instance FortiGate-VM PAYG virtual appliance.
To subscribe to the FortiGate-VM:
- On the Rackspace mycloud portal, go to SERVERS > CREATE RESOURCES > Cloud Server.
- On the Create Server page, name your FortiGate-VM and choose the region. Under Image, choose the Linux/Appliances Image Type. Next, from Operating System, choose FortiGate VM.
- Under Flavor, choose a flavor that fits your resource needs. Pay careful attention to the Network valuen. The Network value controls throughput in Rackspace cloud. Larger flavors have more throughput.
- (Optional) Under Advanced Options, select an SSH key.
- Under Recommended Installs, select Configure as gateway. This automatically configures a cloud network and NAT on your FortiGate-VM.
- Verify your options, then click Create Server. The root admin password displays. Copy the password, then dismiss the dialog.
- After you create the server, the server details page displays. Wait for the server to show an active status. This usually takes a few minutes.