Customized Image Cannot Finish Cloning
Find out root cause:
- Login as admin. Only the admin account can do this.
- Go to Virtual Machine > VM Images and change all other VM types' clone # to 0, and the failed one (customized image) to 1.
- Click Apply. This triggers the cloning.
- Click the VM Screenshot button on this page. In the dialog box, keep clicking the VM Screenshot button of the failed VM.
- Then click the PNG Link image icon to show the screenshot. The image tells you why the clone failed.
Typical reasons for the failure:
- Customized image is too big that system does not have enough memory. In 2.5.0 and up, a warning message displays and block the large clone number.
The customized image is not activated.
You did not create a correct tracer hookup.
You have a non-English edition, such as Japanese, or non-supported edition, such as Windows Server 2003 64bit, so tracer fails to install.
- Reduce its size with Windows Disk Defragmentation tool.
- Reduce clone number. Try 1 first.
- Send it to Fortinet Support for assistance.