Filter FortiView widgets using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter. You can also filter by specific devices or log groups and by time.
- Specify filters in the Add Filter box.
- Filter Mode: In the selected summary view, click Add Filter and select a filter from the dropdown list, then type a value. Click NOT to negate the filter value. You can add multiple filters and connect them with “and” or “or”.
- Text Search: Click the Switch to Text Search icon at the right end of the Add Filter box. In Text Search mode, enter the search criteria (log field names and values). Click the Switch to Filter Mode icon to go back to Filter Mode.
- In the Device list, select a device.
- In the Time list, select a time period.
In the selected view, right-click an entry and select a filter criterion (Search <filter value>).
Depending on the column in which your mouse is placed when you right-click, FortiView uses the column value as the filter criteria. This context-sensitive filter is only available for certain columns.