Before you begin using this guide, please ensure that:
- You have administrative access to the GUI and/or CLI.
- FortiAuthenticator is integrated into your network.
- The operation mode has been configured.
- The system time, DNS settings, administrator password, and network interfaces have been configured.
- Any third-party software or servers have been configured using their documentation.
For details of how to accomplish this, see the QuickStart Guide provided with your product, or online at https://docs.fortinet.com/product/fortiauthenticator/hardware.
Network Time Protocol (NTP) is critical for maintaining accurate and stable time, and is required when using the Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) method for two-factor authentication. For more information, see Configuring the system date, time, and time zone.
While using the instructions in this guide, note that administrators are assumed to have all permissions, unless otherwise specified. Some restrictions will apply to administrators with limited permissions.