The following information is available:
|Edit||Select to edit the packet sniffer on the selected interface.|
|Interface||The name of the configured interface for which packets can be captured.
For information on configuring an interface, see Interfaces.
|Maximum packets to capture||The maximum number of packets that can be captured on a sniffer.|
|Status||The status of the packet capture process. Allows you to start and stop the capturing process, and download the most recently captured packets.|
To start capturing packets on an interface, select the Start capturing button in the Status column for that interface. The Status changes to Capturing, and the Stop capturing and download buttons become available.
- Select the download button for the interface whose captured packets you are downloading.
- When prompted, save the packet file (sniffer_[interface].pcap) to your management computer.
If no packets have been captured for that interface, select the Start capturing button.
The file can then be opened using packet analyzer software.
- Select the interface whose packet capture settings you need to configure by either selecting the configured interface name from the interface list, or selecting the checkbox in the interface row and selecting Edit from the toolbar.
- Configure the following options:
- Select OK to apply your changes.
The Edit Packet Sniffer page opens.