The minimum system requirements for FortiClient EMS are:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019, 2016, or 2012 R2. On Windows Server 2019, preinstalling Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server (x64) is necessary.
- No additional installed services
- 2.0 GHz 64-bit processor, four virtual CPUs (4 vCPU)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more is recommended)
- 40 GB free hard disk
- Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
- Internet access is recommended, but optional, during installation. SQL Server may require some dependencies to be downloaded over the Internet. EMS also tries to download information about FortiClient signature updates from FortiGuard.
You should only install FortiClient EMS and the default services for the operating system on the server. You should not install additional services on the same server as FortiClient EMS.
Installing and running EMS on a domain controller is not supported.